4 days left
- Contract type
We are looking for volunteer Trustee (Treasurer) to join our current Management Committee at an exciting time in the development of The Vale of Leven Trust (VOLT). We have to date set up an Active Travel Hub temporarily located in Alexandria Town Centre and are in the early stages of a weekend activity calendar of events for local people and the creation of a regular Outdoor Market.
Our work has been informed by previous consultations the most prominent being our Place Standard Report undertaken in 2019. https://bit.ly/VOLTplacestandard
We need a Treasurer with accounting skills and an understanding of finance practice relevant in voluntary organisations, to support our work.
Minimum commitment would be about 2 hours per week, and includes attending 6 weekly Management Committee meetings. The work will include being involved in and overseeing financial governance, financial practices and reporting.
The Vale of Leven Trust was set up by local residents in 2017. The organisation is run by its members - who are local people, keen to improve the local area for the community and visitors alike.
Members join throughout the year. The membership vote for Charity Trustees at the AGM, further Board Members can be co-opted during the year. The Board meets 6 weekly and shapes the direction of the organisation and sign off the accounts once a year.
The Vale of Leven Trust is a registered charity and our general target outcomes are:
- To improve the economy of the town of Alexandria:
- Improving the physical environment of Vale of Leven
- Investigating how the economy / footfall can be increased within the Town Centre; Investigating how the lives of residents can be improved against the current more negative outcomes noted in the WDC SIMD (2016 & 2020).
You can find us on social media by searching VOLTrust or Vale of Leven Trust.
What we are looking for:
Currently, we have seven Trustees and we are looking to add to this group. Trustees are expected:
- To contribute relevant experience, expertise and insight.
- To provide effective support and act as an accountable member of the Board.
- To ensure the sustainability and long term financial viability of The Vale of Leven Trust.
We need individuals who are dedicated to making a difference to people’s lives, regardless of their background or personal circumstances. Ideally you will be representative of the community of the Vale of Leven and may have experience of our activities.
How to apply
If you would like an informal chat or have further questions please email the Chair or tell us more about you by completing the form below and returning it to email@example.com by Friday 1st July 2022.
Candidates may be asked to observe a board meeting and meet with staff to find out more before they become a trustee.
Please fill out all sections
Your email address:
Could you please tell us:
1. What is your interest in joining the Management Committee of The Vale of Leven Trust (300 words max)?
2. Are you a Director or Trustee of any other organisation(s), if so please list?
3. Let us know any other information you consider relevant (300 words max).
4. We meet 6 weekly in person, although the timings may vary due to the current work patterns of the Management Committee. This may mean a mid-week evening meeting or a Sunday lunchtime meeting. Do you have some flexibility to meetings? Yes/ No (please delete as appropriate)
5. Would you be happy to complete a Disclosure Scotland application? Yes/ No (please delete as appropriate)
* An electronic signature is sufficient.
Apply for Treasurer (Trustee)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly