- WDC, Whale and Dolphin Conservation
- Chippenham, Wiltshire
- Voluntary, reasonable expenses paid
- Closing date
- 27 Jun 2022
- Charity and not for profit, Animals, Environment, Board trustees
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- Not applicable
WDC, Whale and Dolphin Conservation is the leading charity dedicated to the protection of whales and dolphins and we work around the world through campaigning, lobbying, conservation projects, education and engagement. Our vision is for a world where every whale and dolphin is safe and free and we are passionate about protecting these extraordinary species, both as vital climate allies and ecosystem engineers and as intelligent beings in their own right.
We are currently seeking to recruit a trustee with finance expertise for our UK Board. We are looking for an individual who is able to support the Board in overseeing the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice and legal requirements, ensure effective financial measures, controls and procedures are in place and are appropriate.
We are particularly interested in hearing from qualified accountants with a recognised accounting and finance qualification. An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship is also desirable, as well as an interest in, and passion for, marine conservation.
This document is to be read in conjunction with the Trustee role description
Finance trustee of Whale and Dolphin Conversation
While Trustees have ultimate responsibility for the organisation, including finance,
organisational strategy and staff, the Finance trustee helps the other trustees carry out
their financial responsibilities through their specialised knowledge.
In addition to the responsibilities set out in the Trustee role description, the role of the
Finance trustee is to
- act as a critical friend to the Director of Finance review of and advice on budgets and forecasts advise the Board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities including the
- maintenance of appropriate policies for reserves and investments through chairing the Investment Committee
- assist in liaising with professional advisers especially the auditors assist the Director of Finance where necessary in scrutiny of the annual accounts have particular regard for risk management including the maintenance of
- appropriate financial controls
- be a Board member of WDC (Trading) Ltd
In addition to attending the four Board meetings a year (preferably in person although virtual attendance is possible)
- Chair meetings of the Investment Committee, which take place two times a year Attend meetings of the Board of WDC (Trading) Ltd (which take place following the main Board meeting)
Term of Office
You will serve for three years from the date of election and are eligible for re-election. There is no maximum term within the current memorandum and articles of association.
This is a voluntary, unpaid role although reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
FINANCE TRUSTEE PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Financial expertise, with a recognised accounting qualification and ability to
- scrutinise and probe financial statements, reports and balance sheet information Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders An understanding of / sensitivity to the particular situation of a registered charity
To apply, please send a covering letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com, with the subject “Trustee”.
Closing date Monday, 27th June 2022
Interviews to be held week commencing 11th July 2022
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert