Investment Committee member
As an occupational charity, caba helps the ICAEW community thrive by equipping individuals with the practical, emotional, or financial tools to manage whatever's in front of them, from everyday situations to exceptional life-changing circumstances.
We want everyone in our community to thrive, but sometimes things get in the way or they're too overwhelming to handle. Whether it's the everyday or exceptional, expected or out of the blue, we're there for our beneficiaries, whether they're an ACA student, an existing or former ICAEW member or a close family dependent.
We do this through offering innovative solutions in supporting our membership in all aspects of their wellbeing be it physical, mental or financial, and also relationship, carers and career support.
We are currently recruiting to our Investment Committee.
What we are looking for:
caba's Investment Committee manages our investment funds and assets. Principle responsibilities include:
- Formulating investment policies and performance goals in conjunction with our external financial advisor
- Reviewing our distribution policy on a regular basis
- Monitoring the performance of the investment portfolio
- Overseeing the management of caba's liquid funds and assessing the amount of funds available for investment, having regard to caba's operational needs
- Reviewing the risk register maintained by management on a regular basis
We're seeking to appoint an individual who can offer experience in long-term investment strategies. The appointment will be for an initial period of three years, with the potential to extend for a further three years.
The successful candidate will have experience of long-term investment strategies and an awareness of how charities operate and are funded. As a co-opted member you will share fully in the work and decision making of the committee.
We welcome candidates who are currently working in this field and may wish to consider the role as part of their wider career development.
As a Committee Member you will have:
- induction, training and reasonable expenses reimbursed
- opportunities to fully participate in the committee and develop new skills
What we expect:
- the expected time commitment for Committee Members is a minimum of 5 meetings per year, including our full day strategy day with Trustees and members of other Committees.
Investment Committee hold quarterly meetings in London, however, attending some meetings by video conference may be an option.
All successful applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you would like to know more please contact Wendy Medlicott, Executive Officer, on 01788 556366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, who can arrange an informal discussion with our Chief Executive, Cristian Holmes, and explain how to apply.