Volunteer Treasurer - Forest of Dean Branch
A bit about this role
At Cats Protection we help thousands of cats each year thanks to our dedicated and passionate volunteer groups and teams, all of which help our feline friends in a different ways. They take in stray and abandoned cats and ensure they receive the veterinary care and attention they deserve, help raise funds, promote neutering and help spread cat welfare messages. Our volunteer treasurers maintain the finances of local groups and teams, ensuring they hold the funds needed to continue their vital work. Cats Protection relies solely on donations from generous members of the public, and our volunteer treasurers help make sure these funds are spent in the most effective way.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Preparing budgets
- Keeping accurate financial records
- Reporting financial records via ‘Cashlog’ (Cats Protection supplied software)
- Paying invoices and volunteer expenses
- Being part of a team which ensures there are sufficient funds to meet expenditure
- Updating and advising others on income received, expenditure and available funds
- Managing and monitoring donations made to the group
- Following financial procedures e.g. Gift Aid returns and VAT claims
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by overseeing the finances of a local volunteer groups or team. You will meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Experience or knowledge of accounting, book keeping and/or good numeracy skills
- The ability to collect and present information clearly and logically
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Basic IT skills to use Cats Protection systems - training and support can be provided
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to use own initiative
- Committee volunteers need to be aged 18+