Migrants’ Rights Network is a charity that works alongside migrants in their fight for rights and justice. We partner with individuals and organisations to challenge policy and legislation; build leadership and campaigning capacity in migrant communities; and raise awareness of migrants’ rights.
We are seeking a treasurer to join our board to maintain an overview of MRN’s financial position, in particular its financial viability, and will ensure that effective financial measures, controls, records, policies and procedures are maintained.
More specifically, we are looking for experienced applicants, who show:
- Knowledge and understanding of current charity finance and fundraising practice;
- Knowledge and understanding of SOFA and statutory accounting requirements;
- Senior Financial Management experience, preferably in a third sector organisation.
- The treasurer will be a qualified or part qualified member of a recognised professional body;
- Excellent financial analysis skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Personable with good team skills
The treasurer will work closely with the chair, other trustees, the CEO, and finance officer to ensure the charity is pursuing its vision and mission and achieving agreed objectives through its financial strategy and management.
We strive to have a board that is representative of the communities we work alongside, and want to ensure those with the lived experience of migration or the refugee system, remain fully represented. We are committed to being a truly inclusive organisation, and want to actively encourage those who identify with a disability, as LGBTQI, or those under 25 to apply. We want to encourage applications from people who have a commitment to improving the lives of migrants and refugees, to campaigning for their rights and to facing up to the ‘hostile environment’ that confronts today’s migrants.
For more information download the application pack from our website
Apply for Trustee- Treasurer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly