We are looking for a finance professional with excellent financial management and analysis skills. You will provide financial oversight alongside the Treasurer and assist the strategic development of a growing organisation.
What will you be doing?
- To assist the strategic development of a growing organisation and provide financial oversight.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process alongside the Treasurer.
- Ensure that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
- Ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial reserves, cost management policies.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would have experience in completing grant applications and be able to advise the charity around the development of sustainable funding strategy and opportunities for income diversification.
We would particularly welcome applications from candidates with lived experience of the UK asylum system, or other refugee experience
- A commitment to the vision and aims of SASS.
- Good financial management, analytical and evaluation skills.
- Strategic vision and good, independent judgement.
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- An understanding of SASS’ work and challenges faced by our service users.
- Experience of completing Grant applications (in regards to finance).
- Financial business planning experience.
- Experience in developing sustainable funding strategy and opportunities for income diversification.
What difference will you make?
Ensuring that SASS remains financially sustainable and helping the organisation to grow, so we can make even more difference to the lives of some of the least privileged in our society.
The board currently meets once a quarter in the evening at 6pm. For further details please see the candidate pack.
Before you apply
Reach TrusteeWorks team are supporting SASS with their Board recruitment. Please send a CV/ LinkedIn profile or similar and a brief expression of interest. If you would like to have an informal chat with SASS about the role or have any questions, please get in touch with the TrusteeWorks team.