Chair to lead Trustee Board and deliver new 5 year strategic plan
OutdoorLads, a charity currently serving the GBT (gay, bi and trans men) community is seeking a Chair to continue with and deliver on a 5 year strategic plan. Strong leadership and commitment to LGBT+ rights are key for the role.
What will you be doing?
We are seeking a Chair, to replace the incumbent who plans to step down at our AGM in September. The Chair will act as an ambassador and the public face of the Charity in partnership with the Trustees and staff.
The Chair will hold the Board of Trustees and staff to account for the Charity’s mission and vision, providing inclusive leadership to the Board of Trustees, ensuring that each trustee fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the Charity.
The charity is in the initial stages of a new 5 year strategic plan, a very exciting process to allow the continued success of OutdoorLads. We seek someone who can deliver, inspire and lead the charity and someone who has a passion for the LGBT+ community. Ideally but not essentially, a love of the great outdoors and natural world would bode well.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation.
- Demonstrable experiencing in monitoring and evaluation performance against agreed targets.
- Experience of charity governance and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees.
- An understanding of the LGBTQ+, outdoors activities and charity sector and the current issues affecting them, is desirable.
- Broad understanding of financial management especially as they relate to the charitable sector.
What difference will you make?
As Chair, you would be responsible for the delivery of the strategic plan, supported by the trustees and staff team. The strategic plan will shape the future of OutdoorLads for the foreseeable, meaning the successful candidates impact will be felt by all members of OutdoorLads both present and those who may join in the future.
No office work needed, this is a voluntary outside of work time role. In person meetings (approx 4) through the year, Teams meetings otherwise.
Before you apply
Questions or queries are welcome through the Reach platform.