Chair and Treasurer | Manchester Pride
1 day left
- Contract type
Manchester Pride is a charity that campaigns for the equality of those who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer/Questioning and all other sexual and gender identities (“LGBTQ+”). We create opportunities which engage LGBTQ+ communities, empowering people to thrive in Greater Manchester and beyond.
We are dedicated to promoting and raising awareness of LGBTQ+ issues in the fight for equality. Since our founding in 2003, we have donated over £1.5m to LGBTQ+ causes across Greater Manchester and have otherwise supported LGBTQ+ groups, events, artists and cultural initiatives. We campaign for LGBTQ+ issues and fight against homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and all forms of hate and discrimination.
Our work supports, empowers, and enriches LGBTQ+ community groups and enables us to platform and amplify the voices of LGBTQ+ people of all ages.
We work with a range of organisations, from grassroots LGBTQ+ groups and charities to large employers who demonstrate a commitment to our values in order to advance our mission of fighting against discrimination and empowering our communities. We help organisations develop everything from policies and procedures to education and training for their workforce to ensure that they are being truly inclusive.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Board of Manchester Pride as we enter a new phase of implementing change, putting our communities at the heart of our decision-making and event co-production. We are working hard to create further opportunities and spaces for our communities, implementing a new grant giving policy and process, and centring the annual Festival around our campaigning roots.
This is a transformational and vital time to be a part of the Board, as we return to pre-pandemic event activity and continue building on our legacy as being one of the leading LGBTQ+ charities in the UK.
As our current Chair, Paul Wheeler, comes to the end of his term this year, we are looking for a successor Chair to help lead our organisation through the next stage of its development.
We are looking for:
- Someone who is strategic, supportive, inclusive and who has a passion for and a deep understanding of the issues faced by LGBTQ+ communities.
- An enthusiastic champion and ambassador for the charity.
- An inspiring leader for a professional Board and able to help performance manage an experienced executive.
- An understanding and connection to the Greater Manchester region is imperative.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of governance and the operation of a high-performing Board is essential.
- Prior leadership experience is highly desired.
We are also looking for a new Treasurer to join us.
We are looking for:
- A professional with a recognised accountancy qualification.
- Someone who will champion our organisation.
- A strategic, commercial individual who will offer support and challenge to our Board and executive team.
- Someone who is committed and dedicated to supporting LGBTQ+ communities.
- Our new Treasurer must be passionate about our mission and the impact our charity achieves every day.
We are keen that our Board represents the diversity of our region, and we encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and experiences including LGBTQ+, those with disabilities, those from ethnic minority backgrounds and those from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
This is an opportunity at a key stage, in not just our development as a charity, but at a key time in our society.
It is an opportunity to lead an organisation that is trying to ensure we break stereotypes and stigmas, that our communities are heard and that we stand together, proud in our city, celebrating LGBTQ+ equality and challenging discrimination.
Closing date: 9 a.m. Monday 5th September 2022
Please click ‘Apply via website’ to be directed to the Peridot Partners website and to contact the advising consultants to discuss this role in more detail.