- Ensure that the organisation pursues its stated charitable objects as defined in the Constitution, by establishing a clear vision, set of values and strategy, and ensuring that there is a common understanding of these among trustees, staff and associated personnel.
- Ensure that the organisation complies with the Constitution, good governance, charity law, Charity Governance Code, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- Uphold the good name and values of the organisation.
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation, including having appropriate policies and procedures in place.
- Ensure that the organisation has a governance structure that is appropriate to a charity of its size/complexity, stage of development, and charitable objects, and reflects the diversity of its stakeholders.
- To ensure the organisation uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects: the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities seem.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees' role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
The Trustee must demonstrate:
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort for monthly meetings plus the Annual General Meeting and Conference, together with conference calls/webinars as necessary
- Good, independent judgement
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to speak their mind
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
This is a voluntary position, reasonable expenses will be covered.
Apply for Board Member/Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly