Dads Unlimited is a men’s mental health charity that supports dads through family separation and male victims of domestic abuse by providing advice, support, and community activities.
Dads Unlimited has achieved a great deal in its five years of existence. The charity is looking to expand their board and broaden its skillset as they continue to grow.
What will you be doing?
Charity trustees are the people who share ultimate responsibility for governing a charity and directing how it is managed and run.
The responsibilities of trustees are:
- Ensuring that the charity has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and are focused on achieving these.
- Being responsible, with the chief executive and other trustees, for the charity’s performance and culture.
- Ensuring the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Acting as guardians of the charity’s assets by taking due care of their security and proper use.
- Ensuring that the charity’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
- Make decisions on how DU can deliver effectively in the future.
What are we looking for?
Dads Unlimited welcome applications from anyone with a passion for the cause and the enthusiasm to get involved.
However, the charity is particular interested in hearing from people with experience in:
- HR – talent acquisition / employee engagement
- Finance – senior accountancy experience or recognised qualification
No previous trustee experience is necessary, you'll be given the support, help and training to understand your role and responsibilities, and the opportunity to meet with all Dads Unlimited employees, representatives as well as the Fathers we are supporting.
What difference will you make?
By supporting the charity develop its geographical scope and increase its service provision. This young charity is already making a huge difference to many families and aims to continue to lead the improvement of support for men’s mental health and domestic violence victims.
The board meet quarterly for two hours both remotely and face-to-face. However, flexibility is important and you should be available to attend relevant meetings for additional workgroups and project specific activities.
Before you apply
The Reach Volunteering TrusteeWorks Team are supporting Dads Unlimited with their Board recruitment.
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you would like to apply to become a board member of Dads Unlimited and how your skills, abilities and experience would add value to the board.
For an informal chat with Dads Unlimited, please contact the Reach TrusteeWorks team who will be able to arrange this.
Please contact the Reach TrusteeWorks team with any queries.