Three Trustees: Citizens Advice Hertsmere
We are recruiting up to 3 additional Trustees who want to make a real contribution to our Board. Citizens Advice Hertsmere exists to help those in our community needing our advice and support to help them cope with the problems they are facing.
Who we are
We are a local Citizens Advice, one of a network of over 250 offices and a member of the National Citizens Advice Organisation. The aim of Citizens advice is:-
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face
- To improve the policies and practices that affect peoples lives.
We have a skilled, supportive and effective team of trustees who work with the CEO to enable to staff and volunteer workforce to support our clients. In the last year we helped over 4,000 people in our community. Currently we are working to ensure that we build on the learning gained during the pandemic and to develop services to help more people than ever. Our trustees are vitally important in helping us to manage the issues we are dealing with during this cost of living crisis. We are financially healthy and ready to take on the challenges facing us. It is an exciting time to be part of our organisation.
We provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
We are a charity and the aims of our service are:
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face.
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives.
Trustees are very valuable to our organisation and what you do and how you do it will make a huge difference to a charity that exists to help those in need of advice and assistance in Hertsmere. What we do really matters and improves peoples lives.
We are looking for trustees who:
- Want to help Citizens Advice Hertsmere develop and grow to support the people who need us.
- Like working as part of a team.
- Have good listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Are not judgemental and respect views, values and cultures that are different from their own.
- Are willing to commit to Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies including confidentiality and data protection.
- Are willing to commit to up to 8 board and sub-committee meetings a year and be involved as required in addition.
Previous board experience is desirable but not essential. Experience in HR or finance would be useful but not essential. We provide a mentor for new trustees and full training is given.
We offer a full induction package and travel expenses.
DEADLINE: 31 OCTOBER 2022