Trustee with finance experience
Association of British Neurologists - Trustee with finance experience
An opportunity for a committed individual who can bring strategic guidance, governance & experience of working in finance for a charity. We aim to improve the health & well-being of people with neurological disorders through education & research.
About the ABN
We are a professional body for neurologists and a charity. We:
• Are led by a team of around 100 neurologists who sit on our committees and advisory groups.
• Support our 1700 members by:
- Inputting into over 100 clinical guidelines, standards and consultations annually.
- Organising two annual best practice sharing events for 1000 delegates a year.
- Offering the Practical Neurology Journal – which features a wide range of article types, including reviews, case-based articles and How-To papers, all designed to help neurologists improve their practice.
- Managing and part-funding the ABN clinical research fellowship programme.
We have a small office team (6FTE) based in Holborn, London.
We are looking for a lay (e.g. non ABN member) trustee to join our board of trustees to bring additional external insight.
Why apply to be a lay trustee for the ABN?
· Gain an understanding into how a small medical professional body works.
· Help support the organisation’s mission to ultimately help those with neurological conditions.
· Develop your leadership and governance experience.
· Develop your network.
· Be part of a committed and enjoyable team.
· The majority of meetings are held remotely, so it can be fitted around other commitments.
Who are we looking for?
We are particularly keen to hear from potential trustees who have a background working in charity finance. We have an Honorary Treasurer position, which is as defined by our Rules occupied by a consultant neurologist member and we have some finance staff in the office, but additional experience would be useful.
We are also keen to hear from applicants from underrepresented groups.