Awen is governed by a voluntary Board of Trustees with a wealth of knowledge who are responsible for leading the charity and ensuring it is fulfilling its remit.
The Trustees offer a wide range of skills, attributes, lived experience and community knowledge that
collectively enable them to provide leadership, strategic direction and good governance.
We are looking for Trustees who can strengthen the Board with their skills and experience (work or lived) of:
• social care
• disability practice
• political environment
• social enterprises
• business and financial management
As a Trustee, you must beable to demonstrate:
• An understanding and commitment to supporting Awen Cultural Trust to achieve;
• An ability to play a key role in the continued growth and success of Awen Cultural Trust;
• The ability to provide leadership to a diverse range of stakeholders;
• In-depth knowledge or lived-experience of: social care; disability practice; political environment; arts; social
enterprises; law; business and financial management.
All Trustees will play a vital role in the oversight of the charity ensuring that it delivers against its charitable objectives, is financially sustainable, has strong governance and safeguards the name and values of the organisation.