Our scout group in Bungay is in need of a treasurer to enable us to continue operating.
1st Bungay Sea Scouts consists of 6 different age group sections, in total around 70 young people and 10 adult leaders/helpers.
Our existing treasurer plans to retire soon and we are urgently seeking someone to take up the role and help us to continue providing this . We’re looking for someone to provide sound financial administration, support and information for our scout group, in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
The Responsibilities of the Treasurer:
- Manage and monitor the financial activities of the Group.
- Act as Treasurer for the charity.
- Prepare and present financial reports and accounts.
- Lead in the creation of budgets and financial planning and monitoring of these.
- Ensuring that all financial reports, annual statements of account and supporting documents (including receipts, cheque books and bank statements) are maintained accurately and in accordance with legal regulations.
- Ensuring that the charity is financially able to function, has appropriate reserves and accounting procedures and controls in place.
- Prepare the Annual Statement of Accounts for audit and subsequent approval by the board of trustees and presenting these at the Annual General Meeting.
- Administering the process of audit of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with Policy, Organisation and Rules and SORP.