1 day left
- Part Time
Service Six is a Northamptonshire based charity committed to changing lives and creating futures for disadvantaged children, young people and their families. For over 40 years Service Six are proud to have delivered innovative and award-winning services that support some of the most vulnerable people in our local communities.
Service Six are looking for a new Finance Trustee to oversee our financial affairs and help us to continue changing lives and creating futures for disadvantaged children, young people and their families.
What will you be doing?
Charity trustees play a very important role in making sure that the charity is run in the interests of the people it is there to support. They strategically oversee the management and administration of the organisation. As well as fulfilling the duties of a Trustee, the Finance Trustee has a supervisory role over all aspects of financial management, working closely with other members of the Board of Trustees and finance team to safeguard the organisation's finances.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Accountancy experience (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations (desirable).
What difference will you make?
You will be part of an organisation that is making a real difference to individuals and communities – being a Trustee is one of the most powerful ways in which you can contribute to your local community or to a cause you really care about.
- The time commitment for this role is estimated to be approximately 4-6 hours a month.
- The board meet bi-monthly. Remote attendance can be supported and we can be flexible to fit around board members other commitments.
- The Finance Trustee chairs the Finance Committee which also meet bi-monthly for 1 hour remotely.
- Attendance at the annual AGM in September is optional but preferred.
- The Finance Trustee may also be asked for their input at other times throughout the year such as when the annual accounts are being submitted.
Before you apply
Reach Volunteering's TrusteeWorks team are supporting Service Six with their Trustee recruitment and applications should be made via Reach in the first instance. To apply or express your interest, please send your CV/LinkedIn profile or similar. You will then be invited to have an informal chat with the Director. Please let us know if you have any questions or require any support to apply in a different way and we will be pleased to work with you to ensure this is possible
Apply for Finance Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly