The Board of Directors plays a crucial role providing support, guidance and assistance to the Chief Executive and staff team who implement our inspiring work. This is an exciting time to join our organisation as we embed our current strategy, which puts into practice all we have learnt from listening to women in our community over the past two years. Your role will be guiding the CIC in fulfilling its vision and enacting its values.
Key responsibilities include:
- To enact the values of the organisation in all discussions and decisions.
- To consistently ask: “Does this help further the vision and mission of the organisation?”
- To work closely with the Chief Executive, offering support, feedback and advice on the direction of the organisation
- To contribute skills, experience and contacts (where appropriate) to help further the aims of the organisation
- To commit sufficient time to become informed about the activities of the organisation.
- To ensure financial health and security of the organisation, including oversight of fundraising activities, budgeting, and accounts.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer regular remuneration for this role. This is a voluntary, unpaid position though reasonable basic expenses can be claimed. Our board meets online via Zoom and so this is a remote position.
- To attend online up to 6 x full board meetings per year, plus ad hoc meetings and phone calls as required.
- To fulfil a tenure of up to 2 years, for a maximum of two terms.
We are looking for:
- A commitment to our core values is essential, and a passion for getting more women involved in public life and into elected positions.
- You need to be comfortable working collaboratively and respectfully with people whose political and or cultural positions or viewpoints may be different from yours.
- We welcome applicants from a wide range of professional and lived experiences, though we are particularly looking for one position to be held by someone with expertise in finance/accounting. Knowledge of political campaigning and activism would be advantageous, as would experience of a leadership role within a small non-profit organisation.
- We actively encourage and are keen to receive applications from those whose identity and lived experience is under-represented in our organisation, including Women Of Colour, Disabled Women and those who identify as LGBTQI+.
About Elect Her:
Elect Her is a tiny but mighty organisation that works to motivate, support & equip women in all their diversity to stand for elected office in all spheres of Government, providing them with the knowledge, confidence, and skills they need to do it. We work with women from across the political spectrum – we are non-partisan or even multi-partisan. We take no policy position on any topic in order to be truly inclusive. We want all women who are interested in exploring their political future to feel welcome and accommodated within our work. We equip women with the knowledge, confidence, and skills they need to stand for political office. We work across the political spectrum, and welcome women from all backgrounds and beliefs, representing all parties and none. Following the past few years of exciting growth and a major re-brand, we are now looking to expand our Board of Directors and welcome the opportunity to involve different voices and experiences. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to bring their professional and lived experience to guide the work we do, and help us fulfil our mission in line with our values.
At Elect Her we believe that the world will be a better place when more women are in power. Equal representation of those creating the laws is essential. We will continue with our work until at least 51% of elected representatives across all spheres of office in Britain are women. There is a lack of equal representation in Government and we’re intent on changing this.
- We are accessible, collaborative, motivating and unapologetic.
- We are committed to intersectionality and diversity of age, race, sexual orientation, geographical location, and political identity. No woman is left behind.
- We are unfailingly positive and future focused. We will do this!
- We are flexible and agile. We adapt ourselves to women’s busy lives
- We are a learning organisation. We always strive to listen and grow.
- We are non-partisan. We need more women leadership in all parties.
How to apply:
Please send a written letter (no more than two pages), or audio or video recording (no longer than 5 minutes), setting out the experience (including work, voluntary, and lived) you would bring to the role of Director and how you hope to gain from the experience. Please share the details of 2 people who can give you references. Email email@example.com, addressed to the Board of Directors, Elect Her, with the subject heading “Application for the Board of Directors”. For any questions or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 30th October We aim to invite shortlisted applicants for interview at the end of November and for the selected applicants to begin in December 2022.
We only accept emailed written/audio/video applications. If you require a reasonable adjustment or other assistance to participate in the recruitment process, please advise by email to the address above. If you have access requirements, please tell us when you submit your application, so we have a chance to prepare and book any access needs in good time.