Our small charity is still in its infancy and needs their accounts to be produced for the first time. We are a charity that aims to empower Latin youths to build a brighter future through a personal growth mindset journey via mentorship programmes and tailor-made events in collaboration with successful individuals from all walks of life.
What will you be doing?
As a tiny charity that registered as a CIO during the pandemic, we need someone that can provide support in all our financial activities, feedback on how we have been keeping the books, and to help our Trustees understand their financial responsibilities to the full.
What difference will you make?
- The Voluntary Treasurer will focus on the carrying out almost all of tasks associated with the charity’s finances.
- As part of the volunteering, you will be making sure that our accounts are compliant this year and give us the knowledge we need to produce compliant records in future years. By enabling our young charity to manage its finances proficiently, you will make a significant contribution to ensure we can grow responsible and more sustainably, so that we can support the young Latino minority within London.
What are we looking for?
- Financial qualifications and proven experience
- Some experience in charity finances
- A willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis.
- Alignment with the aspirations of the charity and evidence of the ability to contribute to its development.
Skills and attributes
- Willing to volunteer for approximately 2-3 days per month.
- Self-motivated and highly organised.
- Good ‘explainer’ able to contextualise financial data for Trustees without a financial or management background.