Chair of the Board of Trustees
Options for Life is a not for profit voluntary organisation. We provide opportunities for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism to improve their confidence, develop their skills and live as independently as possible enjoying the same rights and opportunities as everybody else. We are passionate that we support all of our participants to make their own choices about their own lives.
Based in Oldbury in the West Midlands we work with participants across the West Midlands, we have an annual turnover of £1.6million and employ over 60 staff. As a leading learning disability organisation, we want to recruit new Trustees with a breadth of skills and talent to help us with our ongoing growth and continual improvement.
We are particularly keen to recruit a diverse board of trustees and welcome applications from all sectors of the community with lots of different experiences. Previous Trustee experience is not essential.
As a minimum the Chair of the Board of Trustees is required to:
- The Chair will hold the Board and Executive Team to account for the Charity’s mission and vision, providing inclusive leadership to the Board of Trustees, ensuring that each trustee fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the charity.
- They will act as an ambassador and the public face of the charity in partnership with the Chief Executive and will foster an open and transparent working relationship with the Executive Team.
- Provide leadership to the charity, the Executive team, and its Board, ensuring that the Charity has maximum impact for its beneficiaries.
- Ensure that the Board fulfils its duties to ensure sound financial health of the charity, with systems in place to ensure financial accountability.
- Ensure that the governance arrangements are clearly defined and working in the most effective way for the Charity.
- Chair meetings of the Board of Trustees effectively and efficiently, bringing impartiality and objectivity to the decision making process.
- Establish and build a strong, effective and a constructive working relationship with the Chief Executive, ensuring they are held to account for achieving agreed strategic objectives.
We are committed to inducting our Trustees and supporting them in their ongoing development. It is a requirement we will expect all new Trustees to go on the Understanding Governance stage 1 course if not already completed.
Being a Trustee with Options for Life will:
- Utilise your extensive skills and talents
- Allow you to develop new skills
- Improve personal networks
- Improve career prospects
- Get involved in the local community
- Make a difference
We will pay any reasonable expenses associated with your role as trustee. This may include reasonable travel expenses, the most common of which are travel to/from meetings.
To find out more you can visit:
Alternatively contact our Chief Executive, Nicola Thomson for an informal chat on 0121 544 6611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a Trustee Recruitment Pack
Apply for Chair of the Board of Trustees
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly