Young Camden Foundation (YCF) provides a positive new approach to supporting the local children and young people sector. YCF is determined to safeguard high-quality play and youth provision in the borough of Camden, together with our network of over 130 members and strategic partners.
1. Increase long-term investment in the children and young people sector in Camden
2. Enable new cross-sector collaboration between members, partners, and supporters
3. Ensure that young people feel safe, listened to, and are thriving and achieving their full potential
4. Ensure that members have the capacity to deliver high-quality and sustainable youth provision
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a new Treasurer, to join our experienced and passionate Board of Trustees and replace our current long-serving Treasurer, Roman Arbuzov, who is stepping down after 4 excellent years of service.
You will bring experience in financial management or accounting, Chair the Finance Committee and report back to the Full Board. You will help to hold the CEO to account over financial management and support long term budget planning.
You will also be inspired by making a difference in the local community.
We especially welcome interest from traditionally underrepresented groups and those with a connection to the London Borough of Camden.
A strong background in financial management and accounting, possibly with some experience of these in a charity setting, is essential for this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Attending four quarterly board meeting per year (in person in Camden)
- Attending and chairing the Finance Committee which meets four times a year (virtually)
- Reporting back to the full board and ensuring Trustees are aware of deficits, trends or anything else of note
- Supporting the CEO and Finance Consultant in the financial management of YCF
- Holding CEO to account over financial management and long term budget planning
- Ensuring YCF is adequately financed on a medium-term view and ensuring that organisation has enough resources to achieve its strategic goals.
You will also be able to have a thorough handover with our outgoing Treasurer.
Our Board of Trustees
YCF is governed by a dedicated and skilled team of trustees and associate members from across different sectors, including private, public and third sector. Our Chair is Fiona Millar and our Vice Chair is Stephen Greene, both experienced Trustees.
The board is made up of 11 trustees and three associate members. Meetings take place quarterly and YCF governance structure consists of four committees: Finance, HR & Safeguarding, Fundraising, and Grant Giving.
YCF is at an important stage of its journey emerging from the pandemic and launching its ambitious strategy to 2025, and is seeking a Treasurer to help build on its successes to date. So, if you believe you have the necessary knowledge and experience to guide the charity through the next exciting phase of its journey, then we’d love to hear from you.
These positions are voluntary and unpaid. However, we work to ensure our Trustees gain opportunities for personal development; work with new network; and explore new opportunities to work alongside people and communities.
Please see the application pack for more information and details of application