About Serve A Smile Foundation
Serve A Smile Foundation is a registered community based not for profit organisation in Uganda founded in 2020 by three founding members, Kajjimu Moses, Mbalire Moses and Nachipa Flavia Diana. Our scope of charity activities are education, health and wellness, water and sanitation, housing and homelessness and zero hunger. Our mission is "To develop literate, healthy and self-sustaining communities for a better future."
We are looking for a fundraiser to join our team and help our organisation develop fundraising programs to meet our fundraising goals throughout the year.
To provide assistance to the board of the organisation in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long term organisational sustainability.
Roles & responsibilities
Fundraiser's responsibilities include:
- Recruiting sponsors and volunteers leading to promotional activities and maintaining relationships with acquired donors.
- Compile and maintain a database of international donor organisations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations)
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organisation
- Assist the organisation in making concept notes, project ideas and project proposals
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long term sustainability of the organisation
- Assist the board in developing business plans to generate income from various resources
- Undertake online research and build contacts with individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organisation
- Organise or provide assistance in organising any fundraising events for the organisation
Requirements & skills
- Proven work experience as a fundraiser or similar role
- Experience in a fundraising position
- Creative and persuasion skills
- Good organisational skills
- Strong leadership skills
Note: You will work and interact with the foundation and be supported in each and everything you may need for your volunteer role, plus a dedicated member of the organization will be available 24/7 to support you.
Please tell the organisation about your working conditions.