We are looking for a commercially minded new Treasurer to join our dynamic Board.
Staffordshire Network for Mental Health are a charity supporting people with experience of mental illness and people at risk of mental ill health.
We believe volunteers are the heart of the network. They play an essential part in what we do. We are looking for passionate individuals to keep the work we do going. Donating your time and skills can make a difference to us and service users. Your financial expertise will help support and shape the work and strategic direction of our organisation and help us achieve our purpose.
The overall role of a Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. Please see the candidate pack with more information.
Who are we looking for?
You don't need prior charity experience, but a willingness to learn would be an advantage. Someone with lived experience of mental health is highly desirable.
The Treasurer should also have knowledge/experience of the following:
- Accounting/book keeping and/or good numeracy skills
- Ability to collect and present information clearly and logically
- Attention to detail A commitment to the organisation
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively and strategically
- An understanding and acceptance of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Confident in the use of IT systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Knowledge or experience of business administration and committee procedures
This role requires 4- 2 hours a month commitment and attendance to quarterly Board Meetings.
How to apply
Reach Volunteering's TrusteeWorks team are supporting SNMH with their board recruitment.
Please send a CV/ LinkedIn profile or similar and a supporting statement explaining why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience would add value to the Board.
The charity are very happy to speak with anyone who might be interested in the role and has any questions. Please get in touch.