The overall role of a Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensure its financial viability and ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. This includes being accountable to the Chair, Vice Chair and Trustees and being open to investigation, discussion and resolution.
In addition to the general responsibilities of a trustee (as above), duties of the treasurer include the following.
- Chair the Finance and Remuneration Board Committee
- Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Being assured that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
- Preparing and presenting financial reports to the board
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Liaising with any paid staff and volunteers about financial matters
- Advising on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate investment policy
- Ensuring that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the charity
- Monitoring the organisation’s investment activity and ensuring it is consistent with the organisation’s policies and legal responsibilities
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, for example the Charity Commission and/or the Registrar of Companies
- If external scrutiny of accounts is required, ensuring that the accounts are scrutinised in the manner required (independent examination or audit) and any recommendations are implemented
- Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation
- Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understandable way
- Sitting on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter stating why you think you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deadline for applications is Friday 18th November 2022 at 1pm.
Interviews will take place on 25th November 2022 and 8th December.