This is an exciting opportunity to join the Trustee Board of a well known and respected charity. We have a Board of Trustees with a variety of backgrounds who all have the passion and dedication to make a positive difference for people, who need help and advice on a wide range of matters, in our community. We welcome and encourage applications from every part of our community. You will be given all the support and encouragement to ensure you make the best contribution possible.
As Treasurer you will:
- Help develop our strategic business plan to keep the organisation current and adaptable to meet the changing and varied needs of our clients
- Monitor the financial affairs of the organisation which are processed by the operations team
- Have an accounting qualification and or experience
- Bring lots of enthusiasm, ideas and energy to help drive the organisations motivation to offer the best possible service we can
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of a highly motivated, professional and collaborative team that is the Board
- Oversight of the finances of a large Dorset charity
- Make a real positive difference to people’s lives
- Learn from colleagues and working partners
- Become part of a welcoming friendly organisation that values your contribution
Our current Treasurer says:
‘I’ve really enjoyed my decade of as Treasurer of Citizens Advice North Dorset and, post-merger, as Treasurer of CACD. Getting to know our volunteers and the fantastic work they do has been inspirational. The Treasurer role is supported by a highly competent Finance Manager so it is not ‘hands on’ and you will work equally closely with our excellent Chief Officer. If you are looking for a worthwhile voluntary role with a well-run and sustainable local charity, this is the job for you!’
Citizens Advice Central Dorset provides free and confidential independent advice services to people who live and work in the Dorchester, Gillingham, Sherborne and Weymouth and Portland communities. We are governed and managed locally but with the benefit of being part of the influential national organisation, Citizens Advice. We provide advice including Benefits, Employment, Debt, Housing and Consumer issues and have supporting projects such as Macmillan Benefits, NHS GP Surgeries, Energy Project, Multiple Sclerosis, and Mental Health
This is a voluntary, unpaid appointment, although reasonable travel expenses will be paid. The role provides you with a great deal of experience and satisfaction, the opportunity to develop your skills and utilise your expertise and knowledge.
More details about Citizens Advice Central Dorset can be viewed on our website www.centraldorsetca.org.uk
Should you require any further information or like an informal chat before applying please contact Chair of the People’s Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.