Citizens Advice Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole is governed and managed locally but with the benefit of being part of a large and influential national organisation.
We’re looking for a Treasurer to get involved in leading our charity and to help us further develop our advice services for people in our communities who need them and to secure the vital resources we need to go forward. Ideally you will have an accounting background and qualifications or other similar experience.
As Treasurer you will help us to:
- monitor the finances of the organisation and explain, guide and advise the board on the key assumptions and financial implications of the local Citizens’ Advice budgets, operational and strategic plans.
- ensure that the organisation has an appropriate reserves policy and a realistic budget that meets the services’ needs
- Supporting the finance team to explain, guide and advise on the approval of budgets, accounts and financial statements with the organisation’s framework
- present accounts at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in an accessible way for volunteers and staff
- ensure that annual accounts are prepared in compliance with SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice) Accounting for Charities and submitted by the deadline to the Charity Commission and/or Registrar of Companies, and make arrangements for them to be audited or independently examined as required
- keep the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
- monitor the organisation’s income and expenditure position and in conjunction with the finance team, present accessible reports at least quarterly to ensure board members understand the accounts and implications
What’s in it for you?
- make a positive impact for people in your local area by ensuring Citizens Advice Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole is sustainable and meeting the needs of the community
- meet people and build relationships with trustees, staff and other volunteers
- build on your governance, leadership and strategy skills
- increase your employability
- And we’ll reimburse reasonable expenses too.