The Treasurer will work closely with our team members including other Trustees and volunteers advising on all financial matters including regulatory compliance. The Treasurer will be expected to attend Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM). Normally Trustees are asked to commit to a three year term on the Board.
Key Responsibilities 1
. Actively participate as a key member of the Board of Trustees.
2. Develop the annual budget and future trajectories in line with the aspirations of the charity’s strategic plan and fundraising strategy.
3. To advise on all financial matters, including regulatory compliance.
4. To oversee the development and observation of financial policies.
5. To keep the Board of Trustees regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns and assessment of fiscal health in addition to completing financial reporting in a timely fashion, making these reports available to the Board within reason.
6. To have oversight of all financial transactions including monitoring developed systems for keeping cash flow manageable and efficient.
7. Advise fellow Trustees on a regular basis of the financial status of the charity and where necessary recommend action.
8. Arrange the compilation and agreement of Be Kind Movement annual report, including the annual review of accounts by the independent examiner.
9. Act as an ambassador for Be Kind Movement, representing the charity at meetings and facilitating networking and funding opportunities as these arise.