Sussex Cancer Fund Is looking for a new Volunteer Treasurer/Financial Director
The Sussex Cancer Fund is looking for a new volunteer Treasurer for this growing charity. If you would like to join our team of trustees a summary of the role can be found below.
Treasurer / Finance Director – Sussex Cancer Fund
Purpose of role
- As well as fulfilling the duties of a Trustee, the Treasurer /FD maintains an overview of the Sussex Cancer Fund’s financial affairs. The Treasurer /FD ensures that effective and appropriate financial measures, controls and procedures are in place and reports to the Board quarterly and annually about the financial health of the organisation.
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan, including overseeing the charity’s risk-management process
- Ensuring investments and assets are maximised and protected
What we are looking for?
- A qualified finance professional – a chartered accountant
- Could be a financial leader approaching retirement or recently retired – in a finance practice as a partner or senior manager – or from a commercial company environment
- A strategic thinker with an ability to balance risk and opportunity.
- Clear communicator with the ability to bring the financial information alive to non-finance specialists.
- Lead in areas such as forecasting, setting budgets and targets, & liaising with auditors
- Team player who also contributes to the charity outside of his/her finance role.