- Emmaus Norfolk & Waveney
- Norfolk (GB)
- Closing date
- 15 Apr 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Community, Housing and homelessness, Poverty relief
- Salary band
- Where will they be working?
Emmaus Norfolk & Waveney are looking for a Treasurer / Finance Trustee to maintain an overview of the Community’s income, expenditure and reserves, ensuring its financial viability and that proper financial records and procedures are maintained
Emmaus Norfolk & Waveney is a homelessness charity which provides up to 32 people with a home, meaningful employment and support for as long as it’s needed.
The Finance Trustee will have general oversight of the Finances of the Charity supported by the management team and a small group of Trustees comprising the Finance Group. It is expected that Finance administration will be undertaken by the management team and we are seeking to outsource the book keeping which is currently on Quickbooks. This will translate into specifics as follows:
- To attend Board meeting every two months and Finance Group meetings every two months (in person or by Zoom) usually in alternate months.
- To discuss the Financial position of the charity with the finance group to decide any actions required by the management between Board meetings.
- To report the financial position of the Charity to the Board bi monthly using information provided by the management team.
- To review financial information provided by the management team monthly and comment on these to the Director and Chair if appropriate.
- To support the Director in ensuring appropriate Book Keeping resource continues to be in place in the Charity.
- To monitor the operation of bank accounts and credit card accounts to ensure they are securely and efficiently managed.
- To liaise with the Independent Examiners to ensure appropriate accounts are prepared and signed off for submission to the Charity Commission and Companies House.
- Present the Annual Accounts to the AGM.
- To review annual budgets with the Finance Group and ensure these are appropriate for recommendation to the Board.
- To review Financial appraisals of projects produced by the management team (together with the Finance Group) and ensure they are appropriate for recommendation to the Board.
- Commitment to Emmaus Norfolk & Waveney
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Appropriate financial qualifications and/or experience
- Some knowledge or experience of charity finance
- Willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
- Good, independent judgement
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to speak their mind
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
Trustee Board Meetings are held bi-monthly, as is the Finance Working Group which reports directly to the Board. These meetings are normally on alternative months
There are additional working groups which the Treasurer may wish to attend such as the business group which considers the performance of the social enterprise(s). All Trustees are expected to attend an annual AGM and occasional meetings as necessary.
To find out further information and have an informal chat please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org or our Chair of Trustees email@example.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert