- Play for Progress
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Board trustees
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Long term role
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- From home
If you are passionate about supporting unaccompanied young people who are seeking asylum in the UK to navigate their journey to safety, consider joining us as a Trustee of our dynamic, grassroots charity.
This is an exciting time of transition for PfP and a great moment to be joining the Board. As well as looking to expand and strengthen our Board of Trustees, PfP is also looking towards hiring its first Executive Director (with the Co-Founders having led on management of the organisation up to this point) and developing a new strategic plan.
In this recruitment round, PfP is looking to bring on board four new Trustees, who we aim to on-board together as a cohort, joining our existing group of Trustees.
We have earmarked the four positions as follows:
- At least two positions for people with lived experience of displacement or migration, particularly those with experience of the UK asylum system. For these positions, no prior charity or Board experience is needed. A buddy system to support people who are new to charity Trusteeship will be set up.
- One position for someone with senior charity governance experience, either as a Trustee for another charity or as a senior staff member in the charity sector.
- One position for someone with a proven track record of high-level financial and budget management, including risk management and controls, ideally with charity sector experience. An accountancy qualification would be a bonus.
It’s also really important to us that our Board reflects the rich cultural blend of the local community in which we’re based and the community that we serve, so we strongly encourage applications from people of all ages, of Black, Asian, and ethnically diverse backgrounds, women, trans and non-binary candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates, people with disabilities and people with lived experience of seeking sanctuary.
If you have any access needs relevant to the application process, please get in touch with us directly.
Download the full role description and details of how to apply on our website under the 'work for us' tab.
The deadline for applications is 5 June 2023.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert