- Closing date
- 3 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Animals
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- From home
The role of our Honorary Treasurer is to lead the financial governance of the Association. Working with our Book-keeper the Treasurer oversees all our financial affairs and advises our Board of Trustees.
What will you be doing?
The Treasurer will carry out their role alongside the other active Trustees. They will ensure high standards of charity governance and ensure that suitable financial systems are in place. They will report to and advise the Trustees and the Governance Committee.
By playing an active role in the charity's activities they will strengthen our ability to support our member organisations, and hence improve the lives of dogs and cats across the UK and Ireland.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified Accountant.
- Senior financial experience, including an understanding of financial documents, management accounting, e-banking, relevant software packages and the principles of GDPR.
- Understanding of fundamental financial and corporate governance principles and practices.
And ideally, over time:
- Understanding of fundamental charity governance principles and practices.
- An understanding of the ADCH, its structure and operation and key issues facing its members.
What difference will you make?
Through the services that the Association provides for our members, we strengthen their ability to operate to high standards, especially in the welfare of the dogs and cats in their care. To do this we need excellent financial management for the Association provided by our new Honorary Treasurer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert