External member of Audit and Risk Assurance Committee
- The University of Bath
- Bath, Somerset (GB)
- Voluntary role
- Closing date
- 28 May 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Education
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
ARAC has six members of which four are members of Council and two are appointed external members. Members of ARAC contribute their skills and experience in a non-executive capacity, and ensure that ARAC operates to high standards of governance by personally demonstrating their integrity, objectivity and accountability in every aspect of their work. ARAC's Terms of Reference set out in full its responsibilities.
ARAC reports to the University's governing body (Council) and is responsible for upholding:
- formal and transparent arrangements for governance and financial reporting;
- robust internal control maximising efficiency, effectiveness and economy;
- fit for purpose policies for fraud and irregularity and for whistleblowing;
- effective risk management and quality assurance of data
The Committee meets five times a year at our campus just outside Bath. The total time commitment is estimated at half a day per month.
This is a voluntary role but reasonable expenses, including travel and accommodation, will be paid.
You will initially be appointed for a three-year term, effective from 1 August 2023, but a full induction will be offered in the months leading up to this.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert