Trustee (Finance Background)
- Citizens Advice Manchester
- Manchester, Greater Manchester (GB)
- Voluntary role
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Board trustees
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Citizens Advice Manchester is one of the largest/most diversely funded within the network. We're seeking Trustees who can make a long-term commitment to guiding our future direction, using their unique experiences and skills.
What will you be doing?
With an annual budget of £6m Citizens Advice Manchester (CAM) delivers both local and national support services, funded by Citizens Advice and central government, Manchester City Council and private sector organisations.
We're seeking new Trustees to sit on our Trustee Board. This is the governing body which sets the strategy for CAM, decides our policies, monitors our finances and provides overall leadership. In particular we are looking for Trustees who are:
- Practically experienced in a financial specialism at mid/senior level
- Non-judgemental and respectful of views, values and cultures that are different to your own
Our Trustees come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities as we seek to represent the communities that CAM serves.
- Estimate of time needed: 1-3 hours / week
- Trustee Board Meetings: final Tuesday/monthly (4.30-6.30pm).
- Finance, Risk & Audit Committee Meetings: bi-monthly Thursdays (4.30-6.30pm)
What are we looking for?
As a Trustee, you don't need specific qualifications or experience to contribute to the organisation at Board level, however we are particularly interested in people with the following qualities:
- Knowledge or interest in financial or risk management best practice (essential)
- Practical experience in at least one of the following specialisms: budget management, risk management, project accounting, financial controls or financial accounting (desirable)
- Practical experience in operational management (desirable)
- Finance experience at mid/senior level (desirable)
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA or other related finance qualification (desirable)
- Understand and accept the responsibilities and liabilities of Trustees (essential)
- Non-judgmental and respectful of views, values and cultures that are different to your own (essential)
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills (essential)
- Able to exercise good independent judgement (essential)
- Willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection (essential)
- Able to dedicate 10-15 hours a month of your time (essential)
What difference will you make?
This is an opportunity to make a long-term contribution to a great organisation that helps and supports people in Manchester and across the UK, as well as to build on your own governance, leadership, and strategy skills.
Before you apply
We'd like you to respond to our advert with a copy of your recent CV together with a covering letter outlining what you could bring to the role of Trustee for Citizens Advice Manchester.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert