- Plan for Peace
- Closing date
- 10 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- From home
We are seeking to recruit a Treasurer to join a dynamic and committed Board of Trustees at an exciting charity. This is an unremunerated role with a time commitment of four board meetings per year, alongside responsibility for monitoring and oversight of the charity’s financial affairs.
Time commitment: Four board meetings per year, plus time spent overseeing the charity’s financial affairs (approx 10 days in total commitment)
As per the Charity Commission, the role of a Charity Treasurer is to:
- Maintain an overview of the charity’s financial affairs
- Ensure financial viability and stability
- Ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
As Treasurer, you will have a commitment to the organisation’s mission and values. We are seeking a person with sound financial knowledge, skills and qualifications. An understanding of charity finances and accounting for charitable funds is desirable but not essential.
Requirements for the role:
- Committed to the work and values of the charity, and willing to devote the necessary time and effort to support it to grow and prosper.
- Possesses relevant financial qualifications and experience. Knowledge of charity finance and accounting for charitable funds an advantage but not essential
- Possesses strategic vision, good independent judgement, and the ability to think creatively.
- Understands and accepts the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Works effectively and creatively as part of a team.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role and explaining how you meet the requirements for the position of Treasurer.
Deadline 15 June
About the Organisation
Plan for Peace was founded by three times peace prize nominee Dr Scilla Elworthy and is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) whose mission is to generate a groundswell of people from all sectors who believe that a world without destructive conflict is possible and necessary.
Apply for Treasurer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert