Our charity is a small , not-for-profit organisation providing low cost counselling to the local community in North West Surrey. We are looking for a new treasurer.
What will you be doing?
- Reports to Chair of Board of Trustees
- Oversees work of external Bookkeeper/Management Accountant
- Oversee the financial affairs of TCP and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice. Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place. Review and sign off reports on the financial health of TCP. Manage external Bookkeeper in production of financial reports/returns, accounts and audits. Manage and execute investment strategy to ensure acceptable return on excess funds with minimum risk.
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of TCP. Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them. Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption and be aware of company financial position, guiding the board in financial decision making. Manage bookkeeper and review records to ensure properly kept and sign off effective financial procedures and controls Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies. Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner. Manage and report as appropriate on TCP reserves position Responsibilities of a Trustee.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations. Having held a senior finance position before is preferred Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (professional qualification) Good financial analysis skills. Ability to communicate clearly.
Time: Either in or out of office hours
Estimate of time needed: 3 hours / month
No particular days. Four board meetings a year. Most work is from home.