Treasurer - Age Concern Newbury and District CIO
- Trustees Unlimited
- Newbury, Berkshire (GB)
- Voluntary, expenses covered
- Closing date
- 12 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Community, Later life, Board trustees
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
A great opportunity to join the board of a leading local charity supporting senior citizens. Our work has never been more important with an ageing population with growing pressure on GPs surgeries. We are ambitious and shaping the ageing well agenda.
Age Concern Newbury & District runs The Fair Close Centre located in the heart of Newbury. The Centre is a vibrant social hub and keeping the over 65’s living at home, happy and healthy, providing them with nourishing food and a friendly place to meet, eat and be entertained is at the heart of the charity’s work. We recently celebrated 55 years of continuous service and prepared 2,200 hot lunches last month. We have a dedicated staff team of 18 and 40+ wonderful volunteers.
We seek someone passionate about ensuring we continue to be a good place to grow old well with a professional accounting, finance or similar qualification. A good understanding of financial management/reporting and experience in establishing or setting out strategic goals in a business setting.
The finance committee meets quarterly (early on a Monday evening) with the full trustee meeting held at the same time the following week. The role includes:
1) Viewing figures in Xero (online accounting software) on a monthly basis and making necessary adjustments with quarterly reconciliations to present
2) Strategic review of figures for last quarter and presenting quarterly figures at the finance committee meeting and full trustee meeting, profit and loss report for the quarter and balance sheet with comparison reports
3) Budget preparation in collaboration with staff and trustees
4) Preparing cashflow forecasts (new)
5) Preparing information for annual accountants following each financial year end (30 September)
6) Liaising with Centre Manager, CEO and chairman as needed to provide advice and support as and when required
7) Reviewing accounts systems from time to time to ensure accuracy and smooth running.
Closing date for applications is 12 June 2023.
Trustees Unlimited is a trustee and Non-Executive Director recruitment specialist and offers a solution to the problem many organisations face - trying to recruit high quality trustees and non- executives in a rigorous and yet cost-effective way.
It is a joint venture between Bates Wells Braithwaite, pre-eminent charity sector solicitors, the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) and Russam GMS, leading interim management and executive search firm.
Established in 2009, Trustees Unlimited is one of the premier providers of trustee and non-executive recruitment, and through recruitment, training and mentoring has developed a unique offering that is helping many not-for-profit organisations strengthen their boards.
Whether it is a trustee for a charity, a director for a social enterprise or a volunteer to sit on an audit committee, Trustees Unlimited has unprecedented access to a large group of high calibre people who are actively looking for such roles: with a living database and a diverse network Trustees Unlimited is making a real difference in terms of helping boards become balanced and effective.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert