- New Horizons Mental Health
- Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Unpaid role
- Closing date
- 12 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Mental health
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Long term role
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
New Horizons are looking for a new Treasurer to join their dedicated and friendly Board of Trustees.
New Horizons is a Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing Resource Centre, based in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
New Horizons is a small charity that has been supporting people with mental health or emotional wellbeing issues since 1995 following the closure of Parc Hospital, Bridgend. New Horizons now provides support during the week via our resource centre and outreach centres in the Rhondda and Cynon Valleys. This is in addition to project managing a successful mental health website aimed at providing information to mental health service users, carers and healthcare professionals. Therefore with over twenty years of high quality service delivery behind us, New Horizons is now recognised as a leading mental health and wellbeing charity in RCT.
Why should you apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for a finance professional to join a committed and experienced team. We are a small charity which makes a meaningful contribution to the community. Being a trustee is also a chance for you to give something back to your community, by using your skills and experience, you will be contributing to the strategic management of the charity, so we can continue providing activities which promote good mental health, whilst challenging the stigma around mental health issues and helping improve our services for the benefit of the residents of Cwm Taf Morgannwg.
Your role is paramount for the sustainability of our charity. You will support our charity’s financial management and thus help us make well informed decisions and plan accordingly, so we can effectively tackle the different challenges we face as a small organisation.
The Treasurer will help trustees to carry out their financial responsibilities and this involves working with the Director and Chair to -
- present financial reports to the board in a format that helps the board understand the charity’s financial position
- advise the board on how to carry out its financial responsibilities
- work with professional advisors including the accountant
- work with the Director, Chair and accountant to oversee the preparation and scrutiny of annual accounts
- work with the Director to help prepare budgets and financial reports.
Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrated financial/commercial awareness and knowledge
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement
- Competent use of IT skills
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Strong interest in mental health issues
- Senior strategic management and leadership experience
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
The Board meet every other month.The Treasurer would ideally step in as Chair of the Funding & Business Planning sub group which also meets bimonthly.
How to apply
Applications should be made via Reach Volunteering in the first instance. To apply please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and how your skills would add value to the board. Please see the candidate pack for more details.
Apply for Treasurer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert