- Displaced People in Action
- CF10 5GN, Cardiff
- Unpaid voluntary role
- Closing date
- 12 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
For 21 years, Displaced People in Action have supported refugees to become more confident, more integrated and more self-sufficient. We are looking for a Treasurer to help us continue our important work in South Wales.
What will you be doing?
Our accounts are prepared by our Financial Officer and our accountancy firm. The Treasurer’s role is to provide financial oversight, supporting the Finance Officer on technical matters, providing reassurance, and acting as a sounding board. The Treasurer will also use their financial expertise to report and check financial information for the Board, interpreting this information to support the Board, who do not come from financial backgrounds, to reach financial decisions.
What are we looking for?
- Financial skills and experience.
- Recognised accountancy qualification is desirable.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial information.
- Ability to clearly communicate financial information to the Board.
- Willingness to provide financial advice and support to the Finance Officer.
We very much welcome applications from young people and those from displaced backgrounds.
What difference will you make?
A trustee with a financial background would help DPIA, and especially the Board and the Finance Officer, make quicker, more timely decisions as a result of increased understanding of our financial position and increased confidence that we are carefully monitoring risk.
Time commitment and terms
- The board meets approximately every month at our main office in Cardiff.
- The board is currently meeting remotely but we envisage returning to in person
- meetings where possible. Some online participation can be facilitated
- The post is voluntary; however, any out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
Before you apply
The Reach Volunteering TrusteeWorks Team are supporting Displaced People in Action with their Board recruitment.
To apply please submit your CV along with a supporting statement outlining why you would like to become a board member of DPIA and how your skills, abilities and experiences would add value to the board. For an informal chat with the Chair, please contact the TrusteeWorks team who will be able to arrange this.
The TrusteeWorks team are happy to help - please get in touch with any queries.
Apply for Treasurer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert