Treasurer (Volunteer Board Trustee)
- Simeon Centre Counselling Service
- Bolton, Greater Manchester (GB)
- Volunteer (Moderate Expenses Covered)
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Advice and Counselling, Mental health, Board trustees
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
Since 1999, The Simeon Centre Counselling Service has offered a confidential counselling service, free at the point of need, for people living in and around Bolton. We are dedicated to providing a welcome breathing space and an opportunity for clients to be heard in a peaceful and sensitive environment. We are dedicated to accepting our clients as they are, allowing them to self-reflect without judgement.
We are looking for a new Treasurer to take over from the current Trustee in that role, who will be stepping back at the next Annual General Meeting in September. The role is to oversee the financial affairs of the charity and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
The manager of the Simeon Centre Counselling Service has the main duties when it comes to making payments, ensuring invoices / payments owed are received, and general budgeting of the accounts. Part of the Treasurers role is to provide advice and guidance to them, and to ensure they are working within the interest of the charity (including reviewing their actions, calculations and decision making).
Main Responsibilities (In Addition to the Above)
- Approve volunteer expenses and staff salary payments via online banking. Ensure effective financial control procedures are in place.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Monitor the financial health and ensure the financial viability of the charity. Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption each financial year.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts, and audits.
- Report the financial position of the charity at Board Meeting (held every two-three month).
Apply for Treasurer (Volunteer Board Trustee)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert