- Age UK London
- London (Greater) (GB)
- Voluntary - expenses paid
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Equality and human rights, Later life, Board trustees
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to take on the role of Treasurer for Age UK London. The purpose of your role as a Treasurer is to lead the board in its oversight of our finances and offer financial guidance to the wider board and our CEO and Senior Management Team. We have a diverse board and warmly welcome first-time trustees and suitably qualified candidates who bring new perspectives.
- Oversee the financial affairs of Age UK London and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Oversee efficient record-keeping.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Review periodically the charity’s financial control procedures to ensure they are up to date and adequately protect the charity’s assets.
- Lead the Audit, Finance and Risk Committee, working with the CEO and Finance Manager to set appropriate agendas, reporting to the board and ensuring that action points are monitored and taken forward.
- Cross-check and approve payments from the charity’s bank account on a regular basis as a key part of the charity’s financial control procedures.
You will need to have:
- Certified accountancy qualification and experience in running audits.
- Skills to analyse financial and non-financial information and approach matters strategically.
- Ability to combine good independent judgement and team working within the board.
- Ability to work in a supportive and collaborative way with the Chair, CEO and Finance Manager, being available to them as reasonably required by email or phone between board meetings.
- A commitment to making London a better place for everyone to age, built on the principles of equality diversity and inclusion.
- A willingness to understand and accept the duties, responsibilities and obligations associated with being a trustee of a charity, including attending appropriate training, especially if a first-time Treasurer.
How to apply
Please click here to apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter which should indicate why you are interested in applying for the Board treasurer role and how you meet the selection criteria. Please ensure you read the Candidate Information Pack, as this will provide you with detailed information on the role.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you. If you would like a call to discuss the role in more detail, please email Marlijn Wijkhuizen, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time. Having a call of this kind will not influence the success or otherwise of your application.
The closing date for applications is Monday 19th June 2023.
Apply for Board Treasurer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert