Our mission is to increase social mobility by helping young people from underserved backgrounds discover what they are amazing at, develop valuable new employment skills, and take that first step into the world of work.
About this opportunity
This is a new Trustee opportunity working with our Chair and Board of Trustees with a focus on providing oversight and guidance on the charity's financial management.
In the 2021-22 financial year, for the first time in 14 years we raised over £1m to deliver workshops and opportunities to over 53,000 young people in the UK. We are already working towards our 2025 strategy goal of supporting over 65,000 young people and raising £1.4m annually.
Scope of role
We are seeking a new Trustee to join the Board and be the representative member for finance.
As a member of the Board you will provide oversight on the work of The Talent Foundry, with a particular focus on financial management.
You will provide the Board with the reassurance that the finances (and any related policies and procedures) are being conducted in a manner that ensures the best use of the charity's resources through accurate record keeping in accordance with the charity's objectives, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
You will work closely with fellow Trustees, the CEO, Deputy CEO and finance team.
Most importantly, you will be passionate about making sure that everything we do is designed to support underserved young people discover what they’re amazing at.
We have adopted a hybrid working model with the majority of our meetings taking place virtually. Our financial year runs from 1 September - 31 August and the Board of Trustees meets four times a year (September, December, March, June).
In addition there are regular meetings (once every two months), mostly virtually with key personnel involved in financial management.
The charity operates nationally, with a meeting base in London. Our workshops take place in schools across the UK every week.
Skills and experience
- Appropriate professional qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Substantial experience of financial management at a senior level, preferably in the charity sector.
- Ability to understand and interrogate financial data and interpret this in a clear language to non-financial colleagues.
- Ability to support the organisation in developing, delivering and monitoring its financial strategy.
- Ability to ask important and sometimes difficult questions, to scrutinise and to challenge.
- Ensure that the charity’s registration on the Charities Regulator’s Register of Charities is up to date and compliant with current legislation.
- An appreciation of TTF’s vision and a commitment to fulfilling this role in line with our aims and values.
- You must not be disqualified from serving as a Trustee.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing and welfare of children and we require everyone associated with The Talent Foundry Trust, including all trustees, employees, and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including completing our Safer Recruitment process, references from past employers and Disclosure and Barring Service checks.