- Focus Birmingham
- Birmingham, West Midlands (GB)
- 0.00 - This is an unpaid Trustee role
- Closing date
- 14 Aug 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Disability
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly office
About Focus Birmingham
Focus Birmingham is a specialist charity providing expert support, advice and information to anyone in Birmingham with sight loss. We aim to help people with sight loss and visual impairment have an independent and rewarding life.
What will you be doing?
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure ongoing financial sustainability of the charity by overseeing the income generation strategy, advising the Board and the organisation in respect of grant funding opportunities, donations and legacies and to ensure the organisation follows best practice and all regulatory and legal requirements are met when conducting fundraising activities.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Trustee with Fundraising or Income Generation expertise to join our Board of Trustees.
We are particularly keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Trustees and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- Fundraising/income-generation knowledge and/or business development experience at a strategic level.
- Experience of building positive relationships with key stakeholders, fellow trustees and staff, to achieve organisational objectives.
- Understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice/Fundraising Regulator.
- Good, independent judgement and strategic vision.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Commitment to the organisation and a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad-hoc basis.
- To successfully meet the requirements around the ‘Fit & Proper Persons Test’ and ‘Duty of Candour’ as set out by the Care Quality Commission.
What difference will you make?
You will be part of a team that is passionate and dedicated to achieving its core objective to deliver quality services which are ‘user led’ as much as possible. This is an exciting opportunity for a new trustee to be appointed to the Board. We look forward to hearing from all individuals who feel they have the relevant income generation experience in the areas of grant applications and fundraising to help ensure our ongoing financial sustainability.
Board meets at least four times a year. Sub-committee meetings also take place four times year. Ideally Trustees will attend board meetings in person at organisation premises.
Before you apply
The Reach TrusteeWorks team are supporting Focus Birmingham with their Board recruitment. To apply please submit a CV and a supporting statement.
Interested volunteers should provide a CV, together with a supporting statement explaining why you would like to become a Trustee of Focus. Please include how your skills and experience match the person specification and any other relevant details in support of your application.
For an informal chat about the role please contact the TrusteeWorks team who will be able to arrange this.
Deadline for applications is Monday 14th August
Apply for Trustee
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert