- Huntingdonshire Society for the Blind
- Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire (GB)
- Volunteering role
- Closing date
- 18 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Disability, Board trustees
- Salary band
- Where will they be working?
We are seeking an Honorary Treasurer for our Board of Trustees. The Treasurer is responsible for the financial affairs of the charity, working closely with the Society’s Board of Trustees, Executive and Finance Managers to safeguard the organisation’s finances. These responsibilities include:
- General financial oversight;
- Financial planning and budgeting;
- Financial reporting to Statutory bodies, Board of Trustees and Operational Managers of the Charity;
- Oversight of banking,
- book keeping and record keeping;
- Control and safeguarding of fixed assets and stock;
- Control of the Society’s investments;
- Provision of financial advice to the Board of Trustees.
The Treasurer has the over-riding responsibility to ensure that the financial affairs of the organisation comply with all legal requirements and best professional practice and to ensure that the long-term financial stability of the organisation is not compromised. Note: Having an Honorary Treasurer does not absolve the other Trustees in respect of the financial integrity of the Society.
Our current Treasurer has recently refined the role to reduce the time commitment required. We estimate that the time input is around 35 – 40 hours per year plus up to one hour a week on e-mails, etc. A more detailed breakdown of tasks and time is available on request.
The Charity Commission and our Constitution require the Treasurer to be a member of the Board of Trustees,
Experience / Qualifications
- Qualified to hold the post of Trustee as set out in the Charity’s Articles of Association;
- Ideally, the holder of a recognised accountancy qualification;
- Experience in financial management – ideally at senior level in a medium sized organisation.
- To understand and appreciate the aims and objectives of the Society
- To explain complex financial matters to colleagues with limited financial experience.
- To work with people with diverse backgrounds and experience.
- To have sufficient time to devote to the management of the finance function.
- To have high personal standards of integrity and financial probity.
For an informal conversation about the role and more information, please contact Tom Rawlings, Executive Manager, Huntingdonshire Society for the Blind
Telephone: 01480 453438
Apply for Honorary Treasurer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert