- Volunteer poaition
- Closing date
- 18 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Education, International development, Poverty relief
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
We are looking to appoint a new trustee (Treasurer) to join our UK board, with experience in finance to help oversee the sound financial management of the charity. They will be responsible for ensuring that we comply with our legal financial obligations, as well as providing advice, scrutiny and support to the charity to ensure we are financially stable and sustainable.
Key roles and responsibilities are:
- To oversee budgets, projections, accounts and financial statements of the charity
- To monitor and report on the financial health of the charity regularly, including presenting updates at the quarterly trustee meeting
- To review project reports from our partner, JCC
- To assist with the preparation of budgets and financial reports to trusts and foundations as needed
- To ensure that the annual accounts are audited and prepared in accordance with charity law, and submitted on time to the Charity Commission of England and Wales
- Other adhoc tasks and activities as needed
Lilomi is a charity registered in the UK with a small group of enthusiastic trustees based in the UK and abroad. We support a school and family support centre called Jonathan’s Child Care (JCC) in Sierra Leone. The school has around 400 students from kindergarten to year 12.
Lilomi was founded in 2019 to help improve the facilities at JCC and to fund health and education related projects. Over the last four years, Lilomi has raised funds to refurbish the toilet facilities at the JCC school and has built a teaching science laboratory, making it the only school in the Southern Province with a functioning lab. Lilomi has also funded many smaller projects for JCC. We paid for example for books, school trips and teacher salaries.
Apply for Treasurer Trustee
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert