ONCA is a Brighton-based arts charity that bridges social and environmental justice issues. With our public programmes, we create inclusive spaces for collaborative learning, artist support and community solidarity. We are excited to announce that we are seeking a new treasurer for our board of trustees, with an accountancy / financial background.
ONCA is an anti-racist environmental charity, and we aim to ensure our working practices are as ethical and sustainable as possible. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s only arts and environment organisations and we’re looking for a trustee who is passionate about the work that we do. This person must have:
- Previous experience as an accountant,
- Knowledge of charity governance,
- The ability to monitor and help guide ONCA’s financial management,
- Capacity to contribute approximately half a day per month to the organisation.
In addition, in order to actively support the life of ONCA, all trustees:
- Attend quarterly trustees’ meetings (either in person or via Zoom),
- Act as ambassadors at relevant public / networking events,
- Help deliver an organisational strategy,
- Make links, introductions, and partnerships where relevant in order to support and develop ONCA’s sustainability,
- Participate by coming to ONCA-run events and organisational development workshops etc. where possible.
We are looking for collaborators, those that can voice their own expertise, experience and insights to inform thinking and shape progress. We expect our trustees to be informed and up to date about our work, act as ambassadors and share networks and contacts to further enable our work. At all times we expect confidentiality to be respected regarding sensitive information. We’re particularly keen to hear from individuals with an interest in decolonial practices, which inform the core of our work around environmental justice.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and covering letter or video explaining why you think this role is right for you. Use ‘ONCA Trustee’ in the subject line.
We acknowledge structural exclusion in the arts and are actively striving to make ONCA a more inclusive organisation. We are keen to encourage applications from people who may face barriers to employment in the arts (e.g. people of colour, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities or facing economic disadvantage). This is an unpaid role, however we can refund travel expenses relating to interviews, and for board meetings. Click here to read our equal opportunities policy.
If you have a disability and/ or access needs and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please contact email@example.com or call the office on 01273 607101.
Deadline: Midnight, Sunday 30 June 2023