Trustee/Honorary Treasurer - Picker Institute Europe
- Picker Institute Europe
- Oxfordshire (GB)
- Closing date
- 24 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Long term role
- Where will they be working?
- Not applicable
Picker is an Oxford-based charity with an international reputation as a key authority in the measurement and improvement of people’s experiences of health and social care services. Our mission is to make person centred health and social care a reality for everyone, always. We are here to:
- Influence policy and practice so that health and social care systems are always centred around people’s needs and preferences.
- Inspire the delivery of the highest quality person centred care, developing tools and services that enable people’s experiences to be better understood.
- Empower staff working in health and social care to improve experiences by effectively measuring and acting upon people’s feedback.
Researching and measuring the experiences of people who use services and of staff in care organisations are key areas of our work. We conduct quantitative and qualitative research for a wide range of public and private healthcare organisations, national bodies, voluntary sector organisations, and international healthcare providers, investigating issues related to people’s experiences of care and organisations’ efforts to improve services. We also provide improvement and consultancy support to help turn feedback into action.
We are currently recruiting for additional members for our Board of Trustees, including an Honorary Treasurer. Our Board of Trustees is responsible for overseeing the strategic direction, financial management and governance of Picker to ensure that at every step we are working to improve people’s experiences of health and social care services. You will be expected to be an active and engaged member of the Board, take part in regular board meetings (6-8 per year – 2 of these are in person) and undertake work outside of board meetings (eg preparation and reading). You will need to be an advocate for Picker in your activities and contribute your skills and interests to support us in fulfilling our mission.
This is an unpaid post – reasonable expenses incurred through performance of duties will be reimbursed. A full job description is available on our website: https://picker.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Trustee-Job-Description-2023.pdf
Any prospective candidates should email email@example.com with:
- a comprehensive CV
- a detailed supporting statement (of no more than two sides of A4) that fully addresses the criteria listed within the person specification
- details of two referees who we would be able to contact
Closing date: 4th June 2023
Apply for Trustee/Honorary Treasurer - Picker Institute Europe
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert