Are you a finance professional in the energy sector?
Become an EI volunteer and help create a better energy future
We are seeking volunteers to join our Finance & Audit Committee. Our committees provide critical expertise, guidance, and governance in supporting delivery of the EI’s purpose and strategy. Volunteering can help you demonstrate personal commitment to your field of work, as well as further your professional development. We welcome interest from ICAEW members working in the energy sector and are seeking stronger representation across gender, geography and career stage.
The Council of the Energy Institute has delegated to the Finance and Audit Committee responsibility for regulating and monitoring all financial issues in the management and reporting of the Institute's activities and governance, effecting both internal and external accountability.
The committee meets four times a year around April, May, September and November
Finance & Audit Committee Remit
- Approve and monitor financial business policy, delegations of authority, investments, banking and treasury
- Monitor pension plan(s) management
- Monitor operational and capital budgets and forecasts making recommendations for Council approval
- Establish procedures to monitor actual performance against budgets and forecasts
- Approve management accounts for presentation to Council
- Responsible for the selection of specialist advisers, including external auditors, taxation, pensions, investment/fund managers.
- Review and approve for recommendation to Council as appropriate all principal external financial reports, including the Annual Report and Accounts and Charity Commission Return.
Skills – essential
- Management and Business operations
- CFO experience or FD experience
- Company accounting
- Investments, Cash and liquidity
- Strategy development
- Risk Management
Skills – not essential
- Charity accounting
- International business
- Corporate governance
- Charity governance
- DB Pensions
- DC Pensions
Applications for the post should include a cover note explaining your interest in the role and a CV. These should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 30 June 2023. Interviews will take place on week commencing 10 July 2023 at the EI’s offices in central London and can be undertaken via Teams if required.