Trustee - Bretforton Grange and Theatrebarn
- Trustees Unlimited
- Evesham, Worcestershire (GB)
- Voluntary, expenses covered
- Closing date
- 26 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Arts, heritage and culture, Board trustees
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- From our office
We are looking for active and engaged Trustees with sound judgement and the ability to be outstanding advocates for the organisation. This is an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to a small charitable organization that has huge global aspirations.
Who we are
Bretforton Grange and Theatrebarn, in the beautiful Cotswold village of the same name, is the charity which manages the 9 acre site. The site consists of various unique elements including three indoor performance spaces including the beautiful 180 seat Theatrebarn, an historic Monastic Grange with Dovecote, a 200 seater restaurant and extensive land gardens and grounds. This is a chance for Trustees to build a charity from the ground up and create a place with both local and global aspirations.
We are looking for expertise in the following areas –
• the arts / culture
• finance (investments and accounting)
• historic buildings / planning
• strategic planning
• branding / marketing / sales
• event management / festivals
Essential Attributes –
· Alignment and passion for the vision, mission and values.
· Evidence of leadership skills and / or previous Board experience.
· The ability to contribute to strategic development.
· Strong desire to contribute to public life and commitment to the Nolan Principles.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to share experience and contacts.
· A commitment to be an outward looking ambassador for the organisation.
· A collaborative and inclusive approach.
· Understanding the importance of governance compliance and financial stability.
· Ability and willingness to devote necessary time and effort.
Desirable Attributes –
· An understanding of arts organisations and appreciation of the current challenges faced by the sector.
· Expertise in one or more of our sought-after areas.
What it would involve –
• All Trustees will have an induction with appropriate training and thereafter an ongoing development and review process.
• New Trustees are appointed by the Board and may serve for a period of up to three years, after which period there is a possibility of re-appointment for a further period of up to three years.
• Four in person Board meetings per year in Bretforton and online sub-committee meetings.
• One “Away Day” per year which could involve an overnight stay.
• Reading papers in advance to maximise discussion time.
• Working with Executive / Senior staff on sub-committees and reporting back.
• Helping with preparation of papers, reports or proposals.
• It is a voluntary position, but reasonable out-of-pockets expenses are paid.
The role of the Board of Trustees includes ensuring that compliance with governance legislation is met and the financial stability of the organisation is protected as well as safeguarding the reputation and values of the charity by guiding and testing the decisions or proposals of the executive team.
Trustees Unlimited is a trustee and Non-Executive Director recruitment specialist and offers a solution to the problem many organisations face - trying to recruit high quality trustees and non- executives in a rigorous and yet cost-effective way.
It is a joint venture between Bates Wells Braithwaite, pre-eminent charity sector solicitors, the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) and Russam GMS, leading interim management and executive search firm.
Established in 2009, Trustees Unlimited is one of the premier providers of trustee and non-executive recruitment, and through recruitment, training and mentoring has developed a unique offering that is helping many not-for-profit organisations strengthen their boards.
Whether it is a trustee for a charity, a director for a social enterprise or a volunteer to sit on an audit committee, Trustees Unlimited has unprecedented access to a large group of high calibre people who are actively looking for such roles: with a living database and a diverse network Trustees Unlimited is making a real difference in terms of helping boards become balanced and effective.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert