Chair of Trustees
- The Magpie Project
- London (Greater) (GB)
- 0.00 - Voluntary
- Closing date
- 26 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
The Magpie Project are looking for a new Chair of Trustees to support their Board make strategic decisions for the benefit of the families the Magpie Project helps every day.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a charismatic leader to bring their charity experience and leadership skills to support the Board and the leadership team to ensure our organisation can continue meeting the increasing demand for our services.
Who we are
We believe all children have the right to a secure, safe place to play, healthy food, engaged, informed parents, and access to support, no matter what their family circumstances.
We provide a safe and fun place for mums and pre-school children suffering in temporary or insecure accommodation.
What will you do
- Provide leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees that enable the Board to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of The Magpie Project.
- Ensure that The Magpie Project pursues its objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, and other relevant legislation/applicable regulations.
- Work with the Board of Trustees to support the staff and volunteers, and mums’ steering committee, to ensure the Magpie Project adheres to its core values of coproduction, compassion, and trauma-informed work.
- Lead by example to enable the Board of Trustees to practice collaborative, informed, carefully considered, strategic decision making.
- Embody our commitment to active anti-racist, trauma-informed, child-centred, relationship-based working with women and children experiencing multiple disadvantages.
Who we are looking for
- Previous experience on the Board of a UK charity (essential).
- Knowledge of UK charity governance (essential).
- Fluent in written and spoken English (essential).
- Previous experience as Chair of a charity Board of Trustees (desirable).
We are keen to hear from those whose background and experience resonates with that of the women we support; applicants from a West African, Middle Eastern, Albanian heritage and those with experience of forced migration or homelessness.
Average 2-3 hours per week, although this will vary depending on the schedule of meetings and other events.
How to apply
Reach Volunteering's TrusteeWorks are supporting The Magpie Project with their Board recruitment.
Please email an up-to-date CV or LinkedIn profile along with a supporting statement stating how your skills and experience would add value to the Board as well as why you are interested in joining us.
Contact the TrusteeWorks team for any queries or to arrange an informal call with one of the Trustees.
Apply for Chair of Trustees
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert