Trustee with Financial Experience
- Brighton, East Sussex (GB)
- Closing date
- 26 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit
- Salary band
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
Created in 1999 by artistic director Tristan Sharps, dreamthinkspeak is internationally recognized as a key practitioner of site-specific performance.
The company is committed to developing these pioneering and ambitious creations with a wide range of artistic and technical collaborators and to delivering this work across an evolving network of national and international platforms, expanding the breadth and number of audiences and participants upon whom the work has such a transformative impact.
What will you be doing?
The Trustee will assist us with business planning and strategy, helping us to remain a financially robust organization which can also take considered risks in the delivery of our creative output.
They will be expected to attend and prepare for virtual quarterly board meetings, reviewing relevant materials and reports beforehand.
And will also be invited to represent the charity as a champion of the organisation at selected events, such as production premiers.
You will be joining a small but experienced team as we seek to diversify our organization to reflect the diversity of the people we engage in our creative productions.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a Trustee with Business or Financial Management experience to join our small and friendly team at a pivotal and exciting point in our development.
We are committed to developing the diversity of our board to better reflect the diversity of those we collaborate with in our creative output. We therefore particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates.
- Demonstrated financial awareness and knowledge gained through previous work activity
- Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders
- Experience of strategic development and planning
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- A willingness to learn
- Good communication, team-working and interpersonal skills
- Tactful, diplomatic and able to build relationships.
- Experience of / or passion for the Arts
- Experience of fundraising
- Knowledge and experience of charity finance practices
- Experience of accounting or bookkeeping
- Dedication to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies
- Experience of working with arts based charities or educational charities
- Desire to promote and support diversity across our creative output.
We are interested in candidates who may have a wider range of skills than purely financial. For us, finance is not an isolated practice. It is connected to other aspects of our mission and is part of all discussions around the creation, production and dissemination of our work. We therefore welcome expressions of interest from candidates whose principal practice might sit within other sectors, including the technology and digital industries, but embraces financial experience as part of that practice.
What difference will you make?
We will benefit from your input and advice in the development of the company strategy, business-planning and the diversity of our organisation, helping us to build resilience as we navigate our way through challenging times ahead.
Trustees meet every 3 months, with room for flexibility in scheduling of contact time or comms between meetings and reviewing of documentation.
How to apply:
The Reach TrusteeWorks Team are supporting dreamthinkspeak with their Board recruitment.
Please provide your CV or similar, (eg LinkedIn profile), along with a covering letter explaining your interest in the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.
If an informal chat about the role would be helpful before applying please contact the Reach TrusteeWorks team.
Apply for Trustee with Financial Experience
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert