- The Great Hospital
- Norwich, Norfolk (GB)
- Unpaid Voluntary Role
- Closing date
- 26 Jun 2023
- Charity and not for profit, Later life
- Salary band
- Contract type
- Long term role
- Part Time
- Where will they be working?
- Hybrid - mostly home
We are looking for two new Trustees to join our committed Board. This is a fantastic opportunity to support a well established local service move on to the next stage of our growth.
What will you be doing?
Trustees are responsible for supporting and challenging the CEO and executive team to enable the Great Hospital to grow and thrive, ensuring its future sustainability.
What are we looking for?
We are particularly seeking to appoint Trustees with expertise or interest in the either of the following:
- Assisted living for older people within a community setting.
- Heritage and historical buildings, ideally with experience in promotional work and/or fundraising.
The Trustee will also have the following:
- An understanding of business, financial and property matters.
- Willingness and ability to understand and accept responsibility as a Trustee and to always act in the best interests of the organisation.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise good, independent judgement and work effectively as a Board member.
- Effective communication skills and willingness to participate actively in discussion. Enthusiasm for the Great Hospital’s vision and mission.
- Willingness to lead in line with the Great Hospital’s values.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- A strong personal commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
What difference will you make?
Trustees play a vital role in ensuring that the Great Hospital achieves its core objectives. Trustees inform the organisation’s strategic direction, scrutinise the financial management and ensure the sound governance of the Great Hospital.
Before you apply
Reach Volunteering are supporting The Great Hospital with their recruitment and applications should be sent to the Reach TrusteeWorks team.
Please send an up-to-date CV or Linkedin profile along with a supporting statement stating why you are interested in joining our Board and how your skills and experience would add value.
Apply for Trustees
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert