Join Parents 1st UK’s Board of Trustees and help put parents first in local communities! We’re looking for for Trustees with experience in Finance, Fundraising and Risk Management.
Who we are
Parents 1st UK enables individuals with lived experience to take action in their own communities and deliver effective volunteering and peer support during pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
We believe that every baby deserves the best possible start in life and that every parent is worthy of high-quality support to make that happen. We offer and develop life changing peer support for mothers, fathers, co-partners, birthing people & babies, building confidence in pregnancy and beyond.
At Parents 1st we believe that every baby deserves the best possible start in life and that every parent is worthy of high-quality support to make that happen. We offer and develop life changing peer support for mothers, fathers, co-partners, birthing people and babies, building confidence in pregnancy and beyond.
Trustees are responsible for providing appropriate oversight, governance and leadership to Parents 1st UK in the pursuit of its strategies to fulfil its charitable purposes.
We are particularly looking for two trustees who bring significant expertise in either, or several, of the following:
- Financial management: Financial literacy including understanding of budgets and accounts, financial controls, reporting, and requirements for external audit or independent examination; ideally as a finance director or treasurer for a similar organisation;
- Fundraising/Income generation: Experience in fundraising and market development. Successful fundraising experience;
- Risk management: Experience of setting risk appetite, managing and mitigating key risks.
Time commitment: Trustees are required to commit sufficient time for this role. There will be an average of four trustee meetings and one away day annually with ad-hoc meetings as required. The total time commitment is on average 6/8 days per year.
Please note: This is a voluntary role.
For more information, please download the role description.
How to apply:
We hope you will consider making an application. If you have any questions about the appointment and would find it helpful to have an informal conversation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to arrange a call.
Requirements from applicants:
- Up to date CV;
- Short covering letter outlining how the applicant’s skillset, knowledge and experience match those outlined in the job description and reason for interest in the role;
- Names and contact details of two referees (at least one of them must be a current/previous employee).
Application deadline and contact details:
- To apply, please submit your application to email@example.com.
- Closing date: 9th July 2023
- Two rounds of interviews will be held for the shortlisted candidates; the first one with the CEOs and the second one with the Board Chair and other trustee(s).